We are hit with the pandemics of Corona virus at the start of 2020.
Its best to stay home and stop the spread of the virus..
Though being at home, locked down, maintaining social distance, We have to take care of our Physical, Mental and Skin health ..
We have to make sure that we all eat healthy, exercise regularly at home.
I am trying to share some tips to keep our SKIN & HAIR shining.
Skin & Hair always speak of one’s inner health. Keeping this in mind we have to work on our complete health .
- Do Minimum 30 Minutes of cardio exercise at home like spot jogging, dancing, skipping. Cardio exercise helps to improve circulation in our whole body including skin. It helps to improve metabolism and digestion.
- Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals. Try not to fill up to brim and load the system to become slow.
- Drink lots of fluids during the day , Stay Hydrated with water and fresh fruit juices. Try to include lemons and oranges in daily routine. Vit C not only boosts the immunity but also acts as an antioxidants. Seasonal fruits like Mango are rich in Vit A.
- High protein diet, Calcium rich food, Iron & Vit B12 is must for Immunity & Healthy hair. Try to include Eggs, Soyabean, Paneer, Milk, Curd, Green leafy vegetables, beet root, Pulses in daily diet.
- Recognize your skin type with the help of your dermatologist. Use skin care routine according to their advise.
If the skin is dry , Use soap free cleanser, oil based light moisturiser after every face wash, sunscreen lotion twice a day.
If your skin is oily or combination type, wash your face 3-4 times a day with foaming cleanser containing Salicylic acid, apply water based moisturiser gel after wash, use toner on T zone, avoid make up, use sunscreen gels/ silicon based sunscreen for non greasy feel.
Whatever the skin type, Drink lots of water. Use sunscreen even at home. Cooking heat has infra red light. Daylight in the house, on the terrace and balcony are sunexposures. apply sunscreen on face and neck in the morning and repeat in the afternoon.
- Its very important to continue Anti dandruff shampoo/ lotion regularly if you have oily scalp or Dandruff. Oliy scalp should have frequent hair washes to prevent greasiness on the scalp even if you are at home.
- Regularly use Shampoos and conditioners advised to you especially if you have chemically treated hair.
- You should continue medications, creams and lotions as prescribed by your Dermatologist to maintain the results.
- Last but the most important tip is NEVER SELF MEDICATE . Your Dermatologist is just one call away. Get in touch with your Dermatologist through Tele/ Video Consultation and sort out your skin/ hair issue.